A WONDER WOMAN

Three years ago, I went on a trip.  

I and my friends were always intrigued about discovering the least distinguished places in the city. 

Because at such places there is always something that nobody else has explored, that's why it's not that popular! We wanted to explore something thrilling.! 

This is the reason we decided to dwell here. 

 

So, 

We reached this village, there was a lake, the area around it was full of greenery, beautiful trees, a variety of flowers and lush green grasses. The surroundings were really mesmerizing. 

We went near it. 

 

 

Here's the closer view! 

 

 

 

(I can imagine your disappointing faces! We were sad too! As it turned out to be completely different from what we thought) 

 

So...  

When we were roaming around. 

I saw a lady near the lake. 

She was watering the nearby area and eliminating the weeds. 

She was very annoyed and irritated and was performing her duty anyways! 

 

I decided to strike a conversation with her.   

But I was apprehensive to do so. 

 

Anyhow, 

I gathered all the courage and started moving towards her, 

But then I went away.  

As I was too afraid to talk to her because she had a lathi (long wooden stick) in her hand!!  

 

By this time, she started staring at me and gave me an angry look. 

I hastily rejoined my friends... 

We started clicking pictures, started roaming and watching the place. 

 

But the thought of talking to her didn't leave my mind..... 

 

I started contemplating that once I go back to my home, I'll regret that why didn't I talk? 

I mean, What could happen at most? 

Either she will talk to me or she will be getting infuriated. 

Even if she gets angry it doesn't matter after a few days I'll forget about her and she'll forget about me.  

And if she is also ready to talk, I'll get to know her story and maybe learn something from her experience that I can cherish lifelong.  

 

With full confidence and enthusiasm, I approached her. 

 

Attempt 2: 

 

She was watering the plants and trees using a long pipe. 

 

I said hello Grandma! How are you? (Energetically!) 

(Helping her to lift the pipe simultaneously)      

      -Daya karne toh nahi aayi na?  (You did not come here to sympathize?) (Exasperatedly!) 

 

(My confidence level dropped to zero. Somehow, I gathered all the courage and continued talking.) 

 

No, no! I just came here to know about this lake. I hope you'll help. How old is this lake? Please enlighten about its history. 

- It is of my age, 91 years.  

 

Great! If it is okay to ask, why you're doing this tedious work? This might impact your health.  

- Do I look weak to you? That I cannot do this? I love watering these trees.  And it's my source of earning and it makes me independent. Any problem? (Irritably) 

 

(I regretted asking that question,  but I started behaving like a CBI agent because I was quite curious to know about her story and time was limited. So, I continued conversing and ignored the voices in my head) 

 

No! That's a good thought.  But... Is there anything related to your family? These days people are becoming inhumane! They leave their parents!!!! Is that so , you can share if it's comfortable?  

I would love to listen. 

 (I was extremely nervous, I felt she will hit me with her lathi now) 

 

- Who is he (son) to abandon me? I've abandoned him because I don't deserve that harsh behaviour! And I'm the one who's responsible to bring him in this world, I'm the only one to abandon him! He doesn't have any right.!!! And I'm not dependent on him, I can survive alone as well.  (Tumultuously) 

 

I said you're certainly a strong woman!  You are a true example of women empowerment. I wish I could become like you. 

- No, this generation cannot become like that !! Well, you wanted to know about the lake, right?  

Go ahead! (Diverted the topic) 

 

Yes! Why are these lotus burnt and the lake is lifeless? On the other side, the surrounding area is beautiful and full of greenery!? What are the reasons behind this? (What an observation?!!! ) 

 

- Nobody cares about the lake. They (respective authorities) want to make the surrounding area beautiful to entice additional visitors but don't want to rejuvenate the lake as it costs more money.  

Well, that's how people are these days. They seem beautiful from outside, they try to present them as attractive as possible and pretend that they're very happy with their lives.  

- Similarly, you and your friends were attracted by the beautiful trees and envisaged that this lake would be as beautiful as the surroundings. But as soon as you felt it's not like that. You were least bothered.  

- Likewise, in life  

We're trying to achieve the external beauty to dazzle people around us , and we get their attention also but that's temporary. 

We should never modify ourselves for pleasing people. Because in this way, we lose our originality! We should stay as real as possible, to sustain good relations in life and stay happy and content with ourselves. Life may give you a multitude of friends but no other YOU will come in your life.  

-If I would have succumbed to my son's choices then I might be living in a comfortable house but he wouldn’t let me behave or stay as I am. Because he is ashamed of me now, he is ashamed of my wrinkled face, the language I speak, the way I dress up, etc. Every day he used to disrespect me and call me a burden and he used to ask me to leave that house. He never introduced me to his colleagues or friends as a mother but as a servant. I didn’t deserve that. Right?  

-So, I filed a case against him, as the house that he's living in is my husband's house, he was the one who toiled hard and collected money for it! Why shall he stay there? It is my right to own that house. I will surely win the case.  

 

I was completely speechless. 

I said you'll win the case for sure.! 

After a few minutes, Someone called her and said finish up your work granny. She continued watering the trees... 

-Lastly, I thanked her for teaching me great lessons. Also, I asked her to share her contact number, so that I can help her whenever she needs my help.  

And I said goodbye. 

- At last, she said :  

DON'T BE LIKE THIS LAKE.  

(With a big smile! Finally!) 

 

(Ignore my expression as I was talking at that time 😂 

 

 

 

This incident hit me hard.   

And two things popped up in my mind!!!!   

And they're :  

 

 

Firstly, Did you ever wonder that the issue is not ONLY whether we're leaving our parents or not?   

But, what we're doing is abandoning them emotionally and mentally, we're not there for them when they need our emotional support or when they're annoyed or feel low.!   

Instead, we're there ONLY when we need to fulfill our greedy desires, like asking for money or any other materialistic things.   

Few people don't even hesitate to disrespect them without realizing how much it hurts them!  

{I feel like boycotting such dumb heads, sadly, not in my hand.}  

Nonetheless, it's unparallel to match up to what they have done for us.! Their sacrifices, their struggles..!  

But the least we can do is to, respect them and stay beside them!   

It's our responsibility to handle their emotions, their mood swings, etc like they did when we were kids.! They do that even today.   

But they never expect anything in return.....  

Let's ask them daily,  

How are you?   

How was the day?   

Just this small gesture will give them immense happiness.   

It's the hard truth of life that  

OUR PARENTS ARE AGING, let's wake up before it's too late!  

 

 

 

 

Secondly 

Let's adhere to granny's advice and not be like that lake which is destroyed from within and is flourishing from outside!!  

Though people are indeed attracted initially watching its external beauty. But as soon as they come closer and figure out that it's not at all beautiful from within.  

They leave!    

And the same happens in life..!   

And in the end, we are all alone.!  

If we're pleasing people now and then, this way every situation will become a burden on us because every time we're trying to modify ourselves according to the respective person.!  

That does more harm than good.! And focus on achieving the inner beauty, rest everything else will fall in place.! Things will become effortless!   

            

This way we can make peace with ourselves, we'll love ourselves more.  

            

And the person who loves himself/herself loves everyone and everything around them . 

 

 

 

 

Remember, self-love makes you free and pleasing others cage you!  

And don't forget it's our parents who genuinely wishes good for us, please be kind to them!  

 

Let's introspect and maintain our uniqueness! 

Let's stay original! 

Comments

  1. I loved it, honestly! My favourite part was the first lesson that you extracted from your interaction that if we don't abandon certain things or people in life we will no longer be who we originally were or who we're supposed to become. Good job Naaz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naaz! You're doing great. The way you write is incredible. I could imagine everything you wrote. Certainly, Grandma! Is an empowered woman. We need same strength in our lives as well. Continue writing. I'm waiting for another blog ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed.! We need a come what may attitude like her.!
      Thanks ❤️

      Delete
  3. Wow! Such an insightful blog. Keep it up Naaz.��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Such an insightful blog. Keep it up Naaz.��

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that lake is very relatable to granny as that lake was very beautiful but only one can know how much struggles it had have to survive for a very long time but granny was very straight and can speak . I hope she got her case and the peace she wanted .
    Thankyou naaz for sharing this story , I'm really very thankful to you .
    From a long time , I'm not very connected to people who I wanted but listening to these real stories make me curious and emotional .
    Right now, I'm feeling that I have just talked to granny .

    I'm just glad to hear ✨
    Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vibhor, you're quite inquisitive. And you observed the situation so minutely, really impressive.! Thanks for sharing your experience. 🌸

      Delete
  6. Beautifully written bro.... That picture is very cute by the way😍♥️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keen observer......keep exploring andcontinue bringing such experience in such a lucid manner✌️✌️✌️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kaafii amazing, i swear..!! Thanks to your writing skills, I almost virtually travelled and experienced the whole thing❤You're doing incredibly great and im eagerly looking forward to more of your blog cum virtual rides..!
    (dude do smthng abt the google login issue🦍)

    -Shagufta ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shagufta! 🌸 Virtual rides han! 😛 (I'll surely fix this google issue)

      Delete
  9. You write really well usually mai aise article pure nhi padhta bt the way you’ve written it was continuously making me curious with every line to know what happens next! Surely you’re a very good n bit of clever in narration good job!👏🏻 👏🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vibhore.! It means a lot. Still improving though.! 🌸

      Delete
  10. Firstly i salute to the old lady Who has handled herself even at this age, this was great!
    And the way she said about her son that I'm not dependent on him, I can survive alone as well. great yrrr.......
    Yes..she is wonder woman.

    And you Naaz!
    You always do better than what I expect
    Every time you are going one step ahead,
    Always get to see something new, get to know something new
    And your thoughts "Masha Allah".
    Keep blogging.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for sharing your views. ❤️❤️

      Delete
  11. Now I'm your fan naaz. Thank you for writing this blog. It's like eye opener for me. Thank you for writing this amazing and genuine article. Keep up the good work.❣🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot Kaushal. I'm glad to know that. 🌸

      Delete
  12. Just like Corona Virus agar ye blog viral ho jaye toh iss duniya�� me kafi time baad kuch accha hote huye dikhega :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so sweet of you. 🌸 Thanks a lot. I appreciate.

      Delete
  13. Hi Naaz..it's really ❤️ touching and message to the society..
    Parents care is most important thing specially when they are in old age and actually need the care from thier children..
    Proud on you...I am the father of such brilliant doughter
    Allah bless you always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. It means a lot. I am blessed to have you. :)

      Delete
  14. It's really Good and valuable for many.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UNNOTICED DISCRIMINATION

LIFE IN A FORGOTTEN WORLD

Turning point of my life