A PROBLEM IS A SOLUTION IN DISGUISE ...! 😎

 Hello friends!
Everyone of us set goals for themselves either materialistic, spiritual or intellectual. We all do that. 


Goals - Chalkboard image
 
I believed that no matter how small or big, achieving them , always makes us happy and joyous.
And not able to accomplish them makes us despondent and we feel hopeless. We start doubting ourselves and think we are a loser.
 
This was my perception till this happened....
And my belief changed completely!
 
Like everyone of us, few months back I set a small goal of purchasing new headphones and a new watch (with my own money) .
 
Now, in order to purchase it I needed to earn money. (But didn't want to opt for a full time/part time job! Quite confusing! Isn't it ? )
 
In such situations we generally rely on our friends. So I decided to talk to a friend of mine.
Here goes the small talk:
 
Me : Hello! What's up? (With enthusiasm and a belief that she'll definitely give me an amazing idea)
 
Friend : There's a fan up there. (Extremely lame! - Here, I felt dejected and felt that I have contacted a very wrong person with lame jokes.! πŸ˜‘)
 
Me: Oh! I needed your help. I want to arrange/earn some money because I need to buy few things. Just give me some ideas what I can do? But also keep in mind that I am NOT searching for a job!
 
Friend: Okay! So, you want to make money legally or some other source πŸ˜†? ( After hearing this I was extremely disappointed and lost all the hopes)
 
Me: Of course! Legally. Are you crazy? (Cursing myself and regretting calling her 🀦)
 
Friend: I have a great idea! Invite some guests, when they're about to leave , start wandering around them and as soon as they offer money , grab it! (I didn't expect this level of intelligence! I was thrilledπŸ˜‚)
 
Me: Thank You! Great idea! (Hanged up remorsefully)
 
After this conversation , two things were clear:
1.) I wasted 10 minutes of my life
2.) I don't have a single rupee, I'm still penniless (I was still Below Poverty Line)
 
Took a sheet of paper, scribbled random and irrelevant plans, wasted days like this.!
 
Then, I decided to set a deadline.! Either I've to collect money in next 1 month or else I won't buy these products this year.
 
After doing this, I could feel a level of pressure and various what ifs! Popped up in my mind.!
(It's interesting that how our mind starts contemplating things negatively as soon as we set a goal for ourselves. It's important to conquer this inner voice and negativity. )
 
I formulated a plan mentioning the hurdles and resources that were there .
 

HURDLES:

  • Lockdown: So , I can move out in my colony ONLY , with extreme precautions
  • My preconceived notions : that X work is good and Y is bad , what people will think , I've to WIN otherwise I'm a loser , I'm a disgrace!
 

RESOURCES:

  • Lockdown: I've a lot of time, I don't have pressure of my assignments and exams . I can utilize this situation productively.
  • My preconceived notion :  If I'll work hard to achieve it I'll.! Let people think what they want to think!
 
*So, what we think is a problem, is actually a solution in disguise*
 

(Backstory : I googled GHAR BAITHE KAMAO (Earn from the comfort of your home) jobs as well ! Regretted later! ) 

Lights Camera Action. Here you go! :

  

  • Made power point presentation for my father

 

  • Sew a kurta for my mother (Smart? No, not at all !!!)

 

  • Rented my mobile phone to my cousins, at Rs 5 per hour!!! ( I could not think of anything more intelligent choice than this,  I could relate to my friend here! πŸ˜‚)

 

  • Gave tuition to the kids of our paying guest , BUT they joined only to leave. (Even they couldn’t handle my mood swings! πŸ˜•)

 

  • Planted trees in each and every lawn of my colony. I told them that it's a noble work, so I wanted to do that and want to earn little money as well and in a way I'm spreading awareness about growing trees. They can make voluntary contributions ONLY if they want to. They made huge contributions and I collected a lot of money.
(YES! You are right it did not happen. But what a beautiful dream it was!)

Though, I did discuss with 2-3 women of my colony but they said -
" Colony mai logo se zada pedd/tree hai, or nahi, nahi toh jungle bann jaega!"  
"There are more trees than people in the colony ,no need of more, otherwise it will turn into a forest !"
 
 
Result : I couldn't collect/earn enough money for buying the headphones and that watch. I returned all the money back to everyone.
 
 
Lately, I realized that my friend's idea was better! πŸ˜‚
 
Ended up sitting in my room and I was wondering that :
 
Surprisingly, for the first time I didn't feel bad or hopeless of NOT achieving what I wanted .
 
What was the reason behind it?
 
SATISFACTION ! I was completely satisfied about my efforts . I was satisfied that I worked  hard to earn money.
 
I tried things like sewing( which I never did previously) ,
Teaching kids (thinking to continue this , I wish they are thinking the same ! ) , 
Challenging and reversing "What people will people say" attitude.
Countering all the WHAT IFs!
 
 
As soon as I accepted the situation AS IT IS , I started liking what I was doing.
 
I also learned that:
 
"Where there's a will there's a way"! If we really want to achieve something and we work diligently for it , then other problems seems smaller and we, some how get ideas to make it possible !
(Though here, my ideas were childish)
 
We thrive to move a step closer to our goals and ambitions by breaking our stereotypes and certain beliefs.
We challenge our pre-existing thought process and welcome change in life.
 
But ONLY the thought to achieve our goals , doesn't gives us a chance to enjoy the journey.
We tend to focus more on ends than the means.
 
BUT, If we focus on both equally then , even if we fail we don't have regrets or disappointments.
Instead, it'll make us more focused and we happen to challenge ourselves for good. We enjoy everything, we live in that moment !
We develop a "Come What May" mindset.
 
 
LASTLY,  it's not the outcome/result that decides, whether, we are a winner or a loser . BUT our efforts and willingness to valiantly unlearn and learn a few things in life to explore our hidden potential and to become better, does.! That makes us a CHAMPION !
 
BE YOUR OWN SAVIOR.🌸
ENJOY THE JOURNEY.!πŸ’₯
 
 
 

 

Comments

  1. Great NAAZ!😍
    A Good story again and I love the way you play with words
    It was best that you thought of working hard😍 to fulfill your desire and not depend on anyone else.πŸ‘
    And don't even think of giving tution to children, they cannot handle your mood swing, I know it wellπŸ˜‚
    Aur haan.....
    that guest idea was not that bad eitherπŸ˜‚
    GOOD JOB.....(CHAMPION)❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your experience make believe again on my every actions that I think was a failure .
    Now I think that if I had done something with my max. capability then it just a moment which teach you to be patient in life . Life has surprises for you .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great thoughts Vibhor! I am glad that it impacted you !

      Delete
  3. Yes..always be your own saviour..amazing πŸ‘πŸ’™

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its always great knowing about your experiencesπŸ’―

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great naaz !
    Your way of using words is amazing , and reading your post seems like you yourself taking through these line.

    Iss post se mujhe kaafi help mili h...
    .....and no doubt your self-exploration journey is going to help others too.

    Keep it up..
    Eagerly waiting for you next post...

    πŸ˜€πŸ˜€........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks alot . Such comments motivate me to write more. 🌸

      Delete
  6. The way you write is purely amazing. I felt that this is happening with me , such a real experience it was.
    Continue writing. Waiting for more.❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you liked it. Won't disappoint you .

      Delete
  7. Another impressive post. Thanks for including us in your self exploration journey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make reading experience delightful. Thanks. Keep writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Ma'am. Hearing this from you is an achievement. <3

      Delete
  9. Found your post interesting to read. I cant wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update.This article is really very interesting and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is awesome ,I seemed some sort of points of my life .
    There are certain things I love the most are:-
    1.) Setting up goals
    2.) Giving time to analyze
    3.) Don't bother what others think
    4.) Never give up
    5.) Focus
    6.) This one is most amazing and I loved it ,You have learning attitude ( " you learned something whether you are successful or not in achieving your goals").

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're quite a keen observer. Such an amazing comment. Thanks for your compliment. 🌸

      Delete
  11. It was empowering Naaz, well done😁

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to see you realizing your own self.
    Enjoying hardwork is the ultimate pursuit of happiness and reading your blogpost made me realize that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel really amazing by hearing such positive comments. Good to know that ut impacted you. 🌸

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Naaz..
    The word you choose are amazing!!!
    Wow!!!!
    You are the magician of writing
    Love to read your blog❣️♥️♥️

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well renting your Mobile that is nice idea I will try it if someone give me enough money awesome post I read it thrice so I miss nothing at least and it really made me happy at least for couple of hours I'm still think about renting but now i think about my laptop and u must post more and God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've showed the reality naaz. Wonderful job. Keep writing. All the best πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've showed the reality naaz. Wonderful job. Keep writing. All the best πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

UNNOTICED DISCRIMINATION

LIFE IN A FORGOTTEN WORLD

Turning point of my life